You’ve unpacked your boxes, set up your utilities, and even scoped out some nearby restaurants...
Choosing a new dentist of course! When moving to a different city or town, it’s critically important that your dental care doesn’t fall too low on your priority list. It’s always best to get your first appointment on the books ASAP, as some dentists’ schedules fill up weeks and even months in advance. Yet, how do you find the right dentist in Indianapolis? It’s not a small city, and while having options is nice, the search can often be quite overwhelming...
Here are a few tips to help you with your Indianapolis dentist search.
Best Sources for Finding a New Dentist
- Personal recommendations. When it comes to doctors and dentists, everyone is eager to share their good and bad stories about their past experiences. By asking trusted sources, such as your family, friends, neighbors and/or co-workers, you should be able to narrow down your dentist search considerably to a handful of trusted providers.
- Online resources. Crowd-sourced informational and review sites like Google My Business can be a huge help during your initial search. Many of these sites have actual patient reviews posted on that practice’s profile page. That way, you can read about other patient’s firsthand experiences at that particular dental office. Similarly, some online message boards are very localized, such as Nextdoor. Make a quick request for recommendations and see where your neighbors point you.
- Insurance. It’s a less personal way to narrow your list, but your insurance company can help steer you in the right direction. At the very least, you can rule out the dental offices that aren’t considered to be in-network with your dental plan.
Finding a dentist in Indianapolis is only as daunting as you make it. With a little help, it’s a snap.
You have a list of dentists. What should you consider?
Someone else’s opinion can get you closer to your decision, but it’s up to you to make the final call. Here are a few key considerations:
- Location. Seems simple enough, but this is an important variable. When are you most likely to visit the dentist? If it’s evening and weekends, then an option close to your home could make the most sense. Though, if you’re most likely to squeeze in an appointment between morning meetings, then you’ll want to search for a "dentist near me".
- Reputation. We covered this above, but it’s extremely important! Patient reviews matter. Don’t settle for a dentist with a questionable reputation. These are your teeth we’re talking about.
- Services. Not every dentist office will offer the same services. Some are general practices while others are more specialized in one area of dentistry. What about emergency care? Would you have to rush to an unfamiliar practice at a crucial time? Do some research and decide whether the dentist you’re considering will be a one-stop-shop or if you’ll be bounced from specialist to specialist.
- Processes. Some practices emphasize pain-free dental care with various sedation options. Some might focus on comfort in the waiting room with amenities for the kids. Look for a dentist’s service offerings and processes that suit your preference.
- Demeanor. At the most personal level, examine your dentist pick’s attitude and demeanor. Before scheduling that follow up, make sure that this is a person who treats you the way you want to be treated.
These tips on how to find the right Indianapolis dentist should serve as an excellent starting point, but ultimately, you have to take that leap yourself.
Is Clarity Dentistry the Right Choice for You?
We’d certainly like to think so! We have put a lot of time and resources into building a practice that suits most patient preferences. That means treating each patient with respect and putting your needs first. Clarity Dentistry is undoubtedly one of the top choices for a primary dentist in Indianapolis.
Our scope of services is impressive — ranging from general dentistry and preventative care to cosmetic dentistry and other specialized services. We also offer emergency dental services and in-house payment plans so that you’re not left scrambling for a solution in a time of crisis.
At Clarity Dentistry, we take the time to get to know you and your dentistry needs to find a long-term plan that works for you. Contact us today to learn more about our comprehensive list of services and to find out why residents in (and near) Indianapolis trust us with their dental care.